Golden Visa Portugal
The exceptional conditions attached to the obtention of a Golden Visa in Portugal today, make it one the most attractive European country to invest in right now.
These conditions are effectively a pass to freedom and an opportunity to relocate to Portugal when you need it. And while your Lisbon property investment may be the key to you or your children studying, living or working anywhere in the Schengen area when it is convenient for you, Silver Keys Properties have the expertise to ensure your property investment in Lisbon has the potential to yield superior returns at any time between entry and exit points.
Your message was sent successfully.
MORE INFORMATION ON GOLDEN VISAS REQUIREMENTS:
The information below is provided for information purposes only.
What types of investments are allowed under the Golden Visa rules?
- a)Property Investments:
Acquisition of property above € 500,000;
Acquisition of property above € 350,000 – for properties more than 30 years old or located in areas of urban renovation.
- b)Capital Investments:
Transfer of Funds above € 1,000,000;
Transfer of Funds above € 350,000 for research activities;
Transfer of Funds above € 250,000 for artistic or cultural activities;
Transfer of Funds above € 500,000 for capitalization of small and medium size companies.
- c)Job creation:
Creation of a minimum of 10 jobs;
Only investments made after 8th October 2012 are eligible for the Golden Visa programme.
How long is the Golden Visa valid for?
Once issued, the Golden Visa will be valid for an initial period of 1 (one) year and then will be renewed for subsequent periods of 2 (two) years.
What are the general requirements that the investor has to comply with?
In general, all investors have to comply with the following requirements:
- a)Keep the investment for a minimum period of 5 years
- b)Funds for investment should come from abroad
- c)Entry in Portugal with a valid Schengen visa
- d)Absence of references in the Portuguese Immigration and the Schengen services
- e)Absence of conviction of relevant crime
- f)Minimum stay in Portugal: 7 (seven) days during the first year and 14 (fourteen) days during each subsequent period of two years
What are the main advantages of the GOLDEN VISA Programme?
The Golden Visa Programme will provide investors with the following advantages:
– No need to obtain a visa to enter Portugal
– No need to obtain a visa to travel in Europe (Schengen area)
– Living and working in Portugal, even with residency in a different country
– Residency extended to family members
– Extremely low minimum stay periods
– Low taxes
– Permanent Residency after 5 years
– Citizenship after 6 years
Is it possible to extend the Golden Visa to family members?
Under the Golden Visa Programme, the investor’s family members may also apply and obtain a resident permit from Portugal by applying for “family reunion”. The Golden visa will be extended to family members, namely children, spouse and dependent family members.
The family members will also be eligible for Permanent Residency after 5 years Portuguese Citizenship after 6 years.
How can the investor and family obtain Permanent Residency after 5 years?
Under Portuguese Law any person that has held a valid Portuguese temporary residency title (e.g. the Golden Visa) for a period of at least 5 years, he will be entitled to obtain Permanent Residency in Portugal.
The investor and family members will have to meet the following criteria in order to be able to apply for Permanent Residency in Portugal:
– Absence of conviction of relevant crime during the last 5 (five years)
– Proof of income / financial independence
– Proof of accommodation in Portugal
– Basic knowledge of Portuguese
How can the investor and family obtain Portuguese Citizenship?
The Portuguese legislation also sets out that any person who has been validly resident in Portugal for at least 6 (years (either under a temporary or permanent residency title), is eligible for obtaining Portuguese Citizenship.
In order to be able to obtain Portuguese Citizenship, the investor and family members will also have to comply with the following requirements:
– Be at least 18 years old (or at least 16 but married or legally responsible)
– Absence of conviction of any relevant crime
– Pass a simple Portuguese language test, which will serve to show sufficient knowledge of the language